Authenticate before allow reverse proxy

Sep 23, 2010 at 3:38 AM

Bassically i have a few websites on my Lan that have no password authentication and what i would like to do is create a reverse proxy website that authenticates the user via basic authentication and then if it is a valid user will allow them to use the reverse proxy to access the internal websites. I am happy for the internal sites to either show up as subdomains or as virtual directories under the reverse proxy url.

Is this at all possible?

Chris

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I have actually managed to do this quite easily.  The only question i have now is if you can specify a condition for a rule that says it has to be a particular user or that the user needs to be in a particular role.

Does anyone have any ideas on if or how this could be done?  I assume the info should be accessible to the rewriter as authentication does infact happen before it is called so it would just be a matter of the correct syntax to do the check or needed to add a condition that can check it maybe?

Chris

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Hi Chris,

I'm coming to UrlRewriter with the same need as yours. Could you give some details about how you did? Did you manage to create dynamic redirect, ie reverse proxy to a particular websites depending on the user login (if I understand well what you wrote)?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

GoodGoodGood

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM

I actually ended up dropping the project and would need to check my old code but i think i found a way but setting a cookie or variable and checking that if memory serves me right.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:02 PM

If never you have time to check your old code, I'd be grateful.

Regards

GoodGoodGood