Hi, I have never used a rewriter before and I have what I think is a simple, common siutation. I read through some examples and I just can't figure out the syntax and the setup. please help.
I have one public IP address and several Virtual Machines running servers on internal IP addresses. I have 2 domains all pointing at the public IP address. So:
- Public IP: 173.999.213.14
- Internal VMs: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3, 192.168.1.4
- my hardware router routes all traffic on the public IP to a VM that I want to act as a rewriter appliance: 173.999.213.14 -> 192.168.1.1
And I want the rules running on the rewriter appliance to do the following:
- Domain1.com -> 192.168.1.2 (VM running ASP.NET on Windows Server 2003)
- Domain2.com -> 192.168.1.3 (VM running PHP on Windows Server 2003, also needing remote desktop access)
- sub.Domain1.com -> 192.168.1.4 (VM running PHP on Apache, Linux)
Ideally if possible I would like all IP traffic routed this way, no matter what port it's on (eg remote desktop 3389, or HTTPS 443) or what kind of pages (PHP, ASP, HTML).
I would hope this is easy with a base setup and 3 rules, but at this point I can't figure out if it's even possible.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.