New install problems

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:40 AM
Hi, i have installed as per the notes but does not seem to create the log file for trouble shooting or redirect anything i try and add in the rules file!?!?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Abe
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2008 at 1:31 PM
The log needs to have a couple things currently in order to work
  • an absolute path to the log, (i.e. c:\inetpub\wwwroot\log\mylog.txt)
  • what ever directory you choose needs to have permission for IIS to write to it.  You can do this by adding NETWORK_SERVICE and give it read/write permissions.
Let me know if you have any additional problems.
Dec 11, 2008 at 5:28 AM
Thanks,

all these requirements are there but still it does nothing, maybe i do not understand the process of the install and how to access the web pages from the other servers.

This is what we need to be able to accomplish by making use of this software.

We need to be able to access www.mysite.co.za/Adminweb and this should be a rewrite from the actual server in the background @ 192.168.5.5:8082/AdminWeb/jsp/.....

How would i go about setting this up making use of the software!

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM
You need to create a rule

RewriteRule ^/Adminweb/(.*)   http://192.168.5.5:8082/AdminWeb/jsp/$1 [P]
Dec 11, 2008 at 1:31 PM
Thanks, i have created these rules but still nothing.

Where do i install the actual software??

Do i need to create a virtual website or what??

Please give me a step by step list here please!!

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Did you read the "ReadMe.txt" file?
Dec 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM
Yes, first thing i did but not sure i did everything as per the notes correct!

As nothing happens!!

So to double check, if i copy the files from dir /test/websites it has the bin dir as described in the notes and has a rules file that i can change...!!!

Where would be the best place to copy this and would i have to create a virtual website and dir or how would i go about making sure things work??

As i would like to specify the main website www.needthis.co.za but the subdomains are actualy hosted on other machines....www.needthis.co.za/Adminweb....

Help

Thanks