Reverse Proxy SVN IIS 7

Sep 25, 2009 at 5:29 AM

I'll start by saying that this is a great piece of MS PL, so good to see a good app made free.

My problem:

I have a reverse proxy problem with SVN, although I suspect the problem to be IIS7.

The proxy is working as expected (and works with SVN clients such as Tortoise), except when dealing with *.cs files. For any *.cs file a 404 error is returned, a 404 is also logged in the IIS logs.

So I'm wondering if anyone else has an internal SVN server reverse proxied through IIS 7 using version 3.0 and can request *.cs files?

Cheers

Simon

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM

IIS blocks stuff specifically related to the .NET framework.  You can change this behavior by adjusting the file handlers in IIS.

Sep 27, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Thanks for the IIS hint; I've edited the web.config for the site which is hosting the reverse proxy and now I can download CS files. For anyone who is interested, you can add the following to you're web.config in the <system.webServer> section.

<security>       

<requestFiltering>
  <fileExtensions allowUnlisted="true" applyToWebDAV="true">
   <clear />
  </fileExtensions>
        </requestFiltering>        
</security>

And if you don't want to allow all, just add filters after the clear such as (<add fileExtension=".cs" allowed="false" />) would allow all except *.cs.

Simon