Authenticate before allow reverse proxy

Sep 23, 2010 at 4:38 AM

Bassically i have a few websites on my Lan that have no password authentication and what i would like to do is create a reverse proxy website that authenticates the user via basic authentication and then if it is a valid user will allow them to use the reverse proxy to access the internal websites. I am happy for the internal sites to either show up as subdomains or as virtual directories under the reverse proxy url.

Is this at all possible?

Chris

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I have actually managed to do this quite easily.  The only question i have now is if you can specify a condition for a rule that says it has to be a particular user or that the user needs to be in a particular role.

Does anyone have any ideas on if or how this could be done?  I assume the info should be accessible to the rewriter as authentication does infact happen before it is called so it would just be a matter of the correct syntax to do the check or needed to add a condition that can check it maybe?

Chris

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Hi Chris,

I'm coming to UrlRewriter with the same need as yours. Could you give some details about how you did? Did you manage to create dynamic redirect, ie reverse proxy to a particular websites depending on the user login (if I understand well what you wrote)?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

GoodGoodGood

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM

I actually ended up dropping the project and would need to check my old code but i think i found a way but setting a cookie or variable and checking that if memory serves me right.

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:02 PM

If never you have time to check your old code, I'd be grateful.

Regards

GoodGoodGood