Problems with URL Rewriter and GoDaddy

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:17 AM
Edited Sep 2, 2009 at 4:43 AM

site: jamessuess.com

I am trying to get WordPress using pretty permalinks on Windows IIS7 GoDaddy account. Example, I want jamessuess.com/index.php/resume to just be jamessuess.com/resume.

In Integrated mode, I have setup a web.config per the provided instructions. However, All I get are Security Exception errors. I am using the latest version of ManagedFusion available.

In Classic mode, it does not appear to be working. I get no errors but when using:

#  Managed Fusion Url Rewriter
#  http://managedfusion.com/products/url-rewriter/
#
#  Developed by: Nick Berardi
#       Support: support@managedfusion.com
#

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$               http://www.google.com/   [R=302]

for my complete .rules file. I can view my homepage and do not appear to get redirected to google. I have almost no .htaccess experience so that could just be wrong.

My structure is:

/web.config
/ManagedFusion.Rewriter.rules
/bin/
/[misc wordpress files]
/wp-admin/
/wp-content/
/wp-includes/

I have been trying to get this working for days with multiple conversations with GoDaddy just to find out they dont have Microsoft's URL Rewrite Module installed and I can get it in enabled. Ive been working on ManagedFusion for about 3 hours over 2 days. Any ideas on where I can start? Any more information I should provide?

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Please post the security exceptions. 

Sep 2, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Switched IIS back to integrated mode. Here is the full stack trace which can also be viewed on my site:

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.]
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed) +150
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) +86
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +230
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +67
   System.Configuration.TypeUtil.CreateInstanceWithReflectionPermission(Type type) +36
   System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.CreateElement(Type type) +8
   System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.get_Item(ConfigurationProperty prop) +155
   System.Configuration.ConfigurationElement.get_Item(String propertyName) +46
   ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Configuration.ManagedFusionRewriterSectionGroup.get_Rules() in ManagedFusionRewriterConfigurationCode.cs:32
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 3:38 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 3:47 PM

I have added the ability the following to the code to hopefully fix this issue.  This came about because I started signing the assemblies. 

// The AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute requires the assembly to be signed with a strong name key.
// This attribute is necessary since the control is called by either an intranet or Internet
// Web page that should be running under restricted permissions.
[assembly:AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers]

Let me know if this works for you.  You can find the test build on the work item.

Sep 2, 2009 at 5:36 PM

New security error. Check the work item.