Problem using ManagedFusion with ASP.NET Website project

Oct 29, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Hi,

I have the following problem when using Managed Fusion with asp.net website project type:

System.TypeInitializationException was unhandled by user code
  Message="The type initializer for 'ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Manager' threw an exception."
  Source="ManagedFusion.Rewriter"
  TypeName="ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Manager"
  StackTrace:
       at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Manager.get_ApplicationRulesNeedLoading()
       at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.RewriterModule.context_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Projects\Managed Fusion\ManagedFusion.Rewriter\Source\RewriterModule.cs:line 111
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
  InnerException: System.TypeInitializationException
       Message="The type initializer for 'ManagedFusion.Rewriter.RuleSet' threw an exception."
       Source="ManagedFusion.Rewriter"
       TypeName="ManagedFusion.Rewriter.RuleSet"
       StackTrace:
            at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.RuleSet..ctor()
            at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Engines.ApacheRuleSet..ctor(FileInfo ruleSetFile) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Projects\Managed Fusion\ManagedFusion.Rewriter\Source\Engines\ApacheRuleSet.cs:line 71
            at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Engines.ApacheEngine.Add(String relativePath, FileInfo file) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Projects\Managed Fusion\ManagedFusion.Rewriter\Source\Engines\ApacheEngine.cs:line 237
            at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Engines.ApacheEngine.ScanDirectoriesForRules(DirectoryInfo refreshDir) in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Projects\Managed Fusion\ManagedFusion.Rewriter\Source\Engines\ApacheEngine.cs:line 129
            at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Engines.ApacheEngine.Init() in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Projects\Managed Fusion\ManagedFusion.Rewriter\Source\Engines\ApacheEngine.cs:line 258
            at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.Manager..cctor() in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Projects\Managed Fusion\ManagedFusion.Rewriter\Source\Manager.cs:line 290
       InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException
            Message="Failed to map the path '/url-rewrite-log.txt'."
            Source="System.Web"
            StackTrace:
                 at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull)
                 at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath)
                 at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(VirtualPath virtualPath)
                 at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPath(String virtualPath)
                 at ManagedFusion.Rewriter.RuleSet..cctor() in C:\Users\Nick\Documents\Projects\Managed Fusion\ManagedFusion.Rewriter\Source\RuleSet.cs:line 49
            InnerException:

I am running my project with the standard asp.net development server.

The operating system is windows vista and i am compiling with asp.net 3.5.

It works perfectly from within an asp.net application project type, using the same configuration.

I also tried putting the url-rewrite-log.txt file in the web root with no result....

Any help would be apreciated :(.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2009 at 2:54 PM

A couple of people have brought up this problem.  I think I need to rethink the initialization of the default log location.

Oct 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Hi,

As an additional feedback i would like to say that after posting my issue on this forum i installed a copy of IIS7 and gave it a run. It worked just fine with the same ASP.NET website project type that failed running before on the built in asp.net development server.

Thank you,

Alex.